Integrating my BlackTrack data into Time-Aid
BlackTrack www.blacktrackapp.com on your BlackBerry can connect to Time-Aid on your PC, allowing you to capture both your computer and BlackBerry activity within Time-Aid.
Step 1 - Understanding the Process
The first thing to understand is that the data email address used in this process must not be your BlackBerry's email address nor the report delivery email address. The data email address must be unique and used only for this connection. We recommend setting up a Gmail account specifically for the purpose.
Step 2 - Email Configuration
You can use any email however the simplest way to get started is to set a Gmail address specifically for this purpose. You can set one up at www.gmail.com This account should only be used by BlackTrack and Time-Aid. You can use other email accounts including corporate email addresses, and multiple BlackBerries and Time-Aid installs can use one data email account, however it is best to start by using a free Gmail account.
Step 3 - BlackTrack Configuration
- Open the BlackTrack menu from your BlackBerry application screen.
- Go to REPORT SETTINGS, and click the TIMEAID tab at the top. It will tell you your PIN number (which you will need to enter into the Time-Aid configuration).
- Enter the data email address you configured in step 2.
- Frequency is how long BlackTrack waits before sending data to Time-Aid.
- Also it is CRITICAL that you check the ACTIVE box.
This configuration is only for data transfer and will NOT affect the reports that BlackTrack would normally send to you.
Step 4 - Time-Aid Configuration
- Open Time-Aid on your PC.
- Select the ADMIN button at the bottom right of the window.
- Then select the DATA CONNECTIONS tab at the top.
- Fill in the boxes as per the instructions, being sure to check the AUTO UPDATE IN FUTURE box to have the system retrieve the data automatically.
- Press the RETRIEVE button. It may take several minutes to yield any data.
- You can click OK at the bottom of the screen and go back to the main Time-Aid window.
Step 5 - Viewing BlackTrack activity data in Time-Aid
Click on the BLACKBERRY tab at the top of the Time-Aid window. You can check today or yesterday and you should see something in your log.
Go to the PLANNER tab, you will see your BlackTrack data integrated into the time blocks. You will notice that the BlackBerry activity is always listed at the top.
At this point you can drag your time block onto a project on the right, just as you would have done without the BlackBerry data. This additional information will allow you to bill your time with a more complete knowledge of where your time was spent, either on your PC or on your BlackBerry.